Balticon is working hard to bring affordable parking to the area around our hotel. We are still in contact with other groups and gathering area parking information. Check back soon for more updates.
Please Note: Many of the garages listed below identify themselves according to their business address, which is usually notan entrance. That’s why every garage listing on this page includes a driving directions map to show you the most convenient garage entrance if you are starting from the hotel. Also, every garage entrance is listed separately by its individual street address, which is linked to a street view picture so you can see how that entrance looks when approached.
There are two available discounts for auto parking, and one for truck parking. There is also a provision for discounted parking for taller vans at the surface lot just across South Street from the hotel. The spaces allocated for these are limited and may not necessarily be available. The below entries are informative. They are outside the control of Balticon and accuracy cannot be guaranteed. For any questions or problems regarding these offers, please contact the Balticon Parking Coordinator using Parking AT Balticon DOT org.
A word of caution: There are two different Water St. garages near the hotel. One is the 414 Water Street garage, where discounted parking (as described just below) has been arranged with Baltimore City, not with Parking Panda. The other is 208 Water Street, often listed simply as The Water Street Garage, such as in the Baltimore City Official Parking Guide. A Parking Panda discount applies at this second garage, and, with your Parking Panda printed pass you can scan into or out of the garage up until midnight each day. On weekdays, however, the attendant leaves at 8:00 p.m. Because the 208 Water Street garage is not open 24 hours, it is not included below in the listing of nearby garages, even though it is nearby. If you wish to see where it is located, it shows up on the Parking Panda website’s map.
Cars (Special Offers)
- Baltimore City Parking Authority has given us a discounted rate of $7.75 per day at the 414 Water Street garage, about three blocks from the hotel. For a driving directions map and other information about this garage see the “414 Water Street” bullet under “Nearby Garages” below. This discount is available for purchase through Monday May 23, but all parking pre-sales for the 414 Water St. garage (whether discounted or full price) will be discontinued on either May 24 or 25. Use discount code
- Discounted passes are valid from 4:00 p.m. Friday through 11:59 p.m. Monday. They also apply for Thursday evening after 4:00 p.m. No in-and-out.
- Discounted passes ($7.75) may be combined with pre-purchased full-price daily passes ($18.75) to allow you to park continually from Thursday or Friday through Monday as described in the bullets below. Passes should not be combined with separate $ payments for parking. (The complicated rules for doing that were once posted on this page, but were undesirable for several reasons and are no longer necessary.)
- VERY IMPORTANT: Please observe the below Thursday and Friday rules which tell you when you can use a discounted pass and when you must use a full-price daily pass. The discounted passes will always say good all day, but they will not be honored upon exiting the garage if they do not meet the rules given below. It is possible that all of the discounts for the weekend could be lost in that situation. See also the related discussion below of how many passes you will need during the weekend and on Monday.
- You cannot just drive up and get this rate. This is a pre-paid online offer only, which will also ensure that a parking spot will be available for you. Use BUY DAILY PARKING, then apply the balticon16 discount code in the shopping cart. These linked images show you: (1) the initial shopping cart, (2) the initial pricing detail, (3) where to enter the promo code and then hit Apply, (4) the confirmation message you will see if the promo code was successful, and (5) how the final $7.75 pricing for each day should appear.
- You must purchase your passes one at a time to receive the full discount. Purchase your first day’s pass, then shop again to purchase your next day’s pass, etc. Optionally, you can create an account from your first day’s entries and use the account to purchase additional day’s passes. Note: This garage is listed simply as “Water St.” on the shopping page.
- Thursday parking: If you begin parking on Thursday prior to 4:00 p.m. you should pre-purchase your Thursday pass at the regular daily rate of $18.75. If you begin parking only after 4:00 p.m., when evening rates normally apply, then you can use the balticon16 discount code to get a rate of $7.75 for Thursday. In either case, when you pre-purchase for Friday, be sure to do so at the regular $18.75 daily rate. After that, use the Balticon discounted rate for continuing parking on Saturday through Monday at $7.75 per day.
- Friday parking: If you begin parking on Friday prior to 4 p.m. you should pre-purchase your Friday pass at the regular $18.75 daily rate. If you begin parking only after 4:00 p.m. on Friday, then you can use the balticon16 discount code to get a rate of $7.75 for Friday. After that, use the Balticon discounted rate for parking on Saturday through Monday at $7.75 per day.
- How many parking passes will you need? In almost all situations, you will need one pre-purchased pass for each day parked, regardless of the time of day. A special exception: If you are ending your parking on or before Sunday, and if you did not begin by using the Thursday evening $7.75 rate, then (and only then) each pass covers parking for up for 24 hours. For example, if you began parking at 5:00 p.m. on Friday and left the garage by 4:59 p.m. on Sunday, then you would need only two of the discounted Balticon passes to cover 48 hours of parking. As another example, if you began parking at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday and exited parking on Sunday by 1:59 p.m., you would need to have pre-purchased for both Thursday and Friday at the regular $18.75 daily rate, and then pre-purchased for Saturday at the $7.75 discounted Balticon rate. But be very careful using this exception: If you overstay the allowed time of your final pass, an additional $18.75 (the full regular daily rate) will be charged automatically for just the overstay time alone, and then the previous days’ discounted rates of $7.75 will be retroactively raised to become $18.75, as well.
- Monday parking: Passes reset at 6:00 a.m. on Monday, so a separate pass for Monday is always needed. The Balticon discounted pass does not carry beyond 11:59 p.m. on Monday. Be sure to leave the garage before then.
- When you are ready to leave, first take your entry ticket and all of your pre-printed day passes (or pass, for single day parking) to the office on the 2nd floor of the garage on the Commerce Street side. They will provide you with an exit card. Do Not leave your entry ticket or your parking passes visible on your dashboard while parking. That is not necessary in this garage.
- Parking Panda is providing a limited Balticon discount using this special Parking Panda web page. The discount is limited to the first purchase made by a first-time user of Parking Panda. There are three options available under STEP 1:
- A. single-day parking, with each day purchased separately;
- B. selected package plans for groupings of separate single days of parking, with the entire package of days purchased together;
- C. multi-day continuous parking, including overnights.
To help prepare for selecting your garage, see the “Nearby Garages within Walking Distance” section below, where every garage listed is open 24/7. Please be careful: Not every garage on the Parking Panda web page, however, is open 24/7. Several close fairly early in the evening.
- (STEP 1 / Option A) Single-day parking: The special Parking Panda web page lists seven different days you can choose from. Under Balticon 50 Parking Events you should first select the most expensive day of parking that you anticipate because the discount will apply only to the first day purchased. Then make your selection from the list of garages by clicking the “Reserve” button for that garage. The hours of parking will automatically adjust, but not always to the maximum “day” for the garage. Even then, the allowed “day” for a garage can end as early as midnight or as late as 5:00 a.m. Before purchasing your parking be sure there are sufficient hours covered for your needs. If necessary, you can set your parking start and end times correctly as described below under the (STEP 2) Set time of entry and exit bullet. An exception is the The Gallery Garage which will allow parking for 24 hours from your indicated time of entry. So, for The Gallery Garage it is necessary to set your parking start and end times correctly. Then, proceed to the (STEP 3) Enter the Promo Code bullet below.
- (STEP 1 / Option B) Packages of several days of single-day parking: Under the Balticon 50 Parking Events list on the special Parking Panda web page you should click the orange “View All” button for Package Plans. Hopefully one of these plans will meet your needs. Entering the Balticon discount Promo Code (see Step 3 below) will give you a discount on the first two days of parking.
- (STEP 1 / Option C) Multi-day parking with Overnights: On the special Parking Panda web page Balticon 50 Parking Events list, select the first day of your multi-day parking stay, then proceed to STEP 2 in the bullet just below.
- (STEP 2) Set time of entry and exit: The location on the Parking Panda web page to change the dates and times for parking before you select a garage is on the left side of the web page, just above the garages list, as shown by arrows in this image. Or, after you have selected a garage, you can use the “Change date or time” link under the “REVIEW RESERVATION DETAILS” block. Be sure to change the ending date for a multi-day period of continuous parking. Then adjust the times of day.
- (STEP 3) Enter the Promo Code: The location on the Parking Panda web page to enter the Promo Code for the Balticon discount is on the lower right of the web page, as shown by arrows in this image. First, click on the “Have a promo code?” link shown there. This will open up a box for entering the Promo Code: BALTICON20 After this is entered click on “Apply” just to the right. For either a multi-day parking purchase or for a package of days purchase, the overall price will be reduced by 20% of the cost of the first two days (only). For a single day purchase the 20% discount will apply to the cost of the first single day purchased (only).
- (STEP 4) Check out and purchase: Follow the instructions on the Parking Panda web page. You will need a valid email address for your confirmation to be sent, and you should be ready to print your parking pass (or several passes, if you purchased a package plan).
- (STEP 5) Upon arrival at the garage: The pass is typically either scanned upon arrival or shown to an attendant, or may be shown only upon departure, depending on the garage. Please review your printed confirmation for instructions on how to redeem it at the specific garage you selected. Optionally, some garages support Panda Scan. These are indicated both on the map and in the garages listing on the special Parking Panda web page. With Panda Scan your parking pass is displayed on your smartphone for scanning. Check your appropriate app store. BALTICON HAS NOT TESTED this app. For further information see: Parking Panda On-Demand Parking App for iPhone and Android
Trucks / Vans (Special Offers)
- Parking for larger box trucks at the B&O Motorcoach Parking Facility at 1100 James St, Baltimore, MD 21223, for $35 per day (with in-and-out privileges). Partial day rates are available. See the brochure for more details. Parking may be pre-paid in advance. To obtain an access code for parking outside of business hours call 410-710-5425. A Balticon discount is available. For discount information contact the Balticon Parking Coordinator using Parking AT Balticon DOT org.
- Parking for over-tall vans can be accommodated at the outdoor parking lot across the street, 300 East Pratt Street (Note: the map shown at that link is incorrect; use this map.) Recommended entrance for vans due to an easier turn: Commerce Street (see driving directions map) between Pratt and Lombard. 24-hour rate: $30.00/24-hours, including overnight. Parking Panda daily rate (before Balticon discount) is: $25.00/midnight-to-midnight. Alert: The Parking Panda arrangement for this location works only in full day increments, so the costs for parking overnight could be much more expensive, or, with the Balticon discount might be less expensive, depending on the specific entry and exit times. Note: This lot is often filled, so if you plan to park there, pre-purchasing your parking is highly recommended.
Nearby Garages within Walking Distance
All of the garages listed below in this section are open 24/7. Estimated walking times assume a brisk pace and do not account for delays while crossing streets.
Every garage address below is linked to the garage’s official web page with the normal rates and other details for the garage. Each bullet includes a driving map to show you how to get from the hotel’s main door to the most convenient garage entrance. Each listed garage entrance is linked to a street view image of that entrance so you know what to look for as you approach the garage. Change from car to pedestrian on the map’s side panel controls to see the best walking route back to the hotel.
- The Renaissance Hotel offers self-parking for $30 per day, and valet parking for $43 per day, with in-and-out privileges. For in-and-out privileges to work, the front desk needs to associate the parking ticket with a guest staying in the hotel. Clearance: 6 ft. 6 in. The Gallery Garage (see just below) provides the hotel parking.
- The Gallery Garage. Zero minute walk (enter the hotel directly from the garage). Clearance: 6 ft. 6 in. The entrance at 110 South Street is immediately adjacent to the Renaissance Hotel lobby drive through lane. Alternate entrance at 111 S. Calvert St. Daily rate: $26.00 (same day). Evening rates are $6.00 Mon-Thurs after 4:00 p.m. and $10.00 Fri-Sun after 4:00 p.m. Parking Panda rate $31.00/24-hours (before Balticon discount). Note: In this garage Parking Panda guarantees a space in a separate ground floor reserved parking area. When you arrive, take a ticket and follow the signage for the “pre-paid parking area”. Anytime before you leave, stop by the garage office and present your Parking Panda confirmation (either a print-out or pulled up on a smartphone) to the attendant. Your ticket will be validated for exit.
- 414 Water Street. 443-681-6905. 5 min. walk. Clearance: 6 ft. 4 in. Driving Directions map to S. Gay Street entrance. (also the pedestrian entrance). Alternate entrance on Commerce St. Note: There is no entrance on Water St. Weekend rate: $9.00/24-hours beginning 4:00 p.m. Friday through 11:59 p.m. Sunday. Weekday rate: $18.00/24-hours. (See also the Balticon special offer bullet above.)
- 300 E. Pratt St. (Note: the map shown at that information link is incorrect; use this map.) One minute walk. Outdoor parking lot. See driving directions map to the South St. entrance. Alternate entrance on Commerce St. between Pratt and Lombard. 24-hour rate: $30.00/24-hours, including overnight. Parking Panda daily rate (before Balticon discount) is: $25.00/midnight-to-midnight. Alert: The Parking Panda arrangement for this location works only in full day increments, so the costs for parking overnight could be much more expensive, or, with the Balticon discount might be less expensive, depending on the specific entry and exit times. Note: This lot is often filled, so if you plan to park there, pre-purchasing your parking is highly recommended.
- Inner Harbor Garage, 400 E. Pratt St. 3 min. walk. Clearance: 6 ft. 5 in. See driving directions map to the entrance on 100 S Gay St., just north of E Pratt St. If you are coming from the north, use the alternate entrance on E Lombard St. between S Gay St. and Commerce St. Pedestrians can use the entrance closest to the hotel at 133 Commerce St., just south of E Lombard St., but for vehicles this entrance is either closed or one-way at different times of day. Daily rate: $20.00/24-hours. Parking Panda rate (before Balticon discount) is $16.00/1-day or $31.00/2-days. Alert: The Parking Panda arrangement for this location works only in full day increments with a 3:00 a.m. daily rate reset. Example: $31.00 for one hour of parking between 2:30 a.m. and 3:30 a.m. through Parking Panda, vs. $10.00 if reserved directly with the garage.
- 204 E Lombard St.. 2 min. walk. Clearance: 7 ft. (410) 727-6660. See driving directions map from the hotel to the entrance on E Lombard St., between South St. and S Calvert St. If you are coming into Baltimore from the south you can use the alternate entrance on Water St. (two-way street) between S Calvert St. and South St. Daily rate $21.00/24-hours. Evening rate after 5 p.m. $10.00. Parking Panda provides those same rates (before the Balticon discount is applied) plus a $1.00 booking fee.
- Lockwood Garage, 124 Market Place. 6 min. walk. Clearance: 7 ft. See driving directions map to the entrance on 183 S Gay St., between E Pratt St.and E Lombard St. If you are coming from the north, use either the alternate entrance at 639 E Lombard St. (westbound) between Market Place and S Gay St. or the main entrance at 124 Market Place (southbound) between E Lombard St. and E Pratt St. Daily rate: $29.00/24-hours.
- 100 East Pratt St. Garage information and rates. 3 to 5 min. walk. Clearance: 6 ft. 6 in. See driving directions map from the hotel to the entrance on Light St. between E Lombard St. and E Pratt St. If you are coming into Baltimore from the south you can use the alternate entrance on S Calvert St. between E Pratt St. and E Lombard St. Max daily rate $26.00/(same day). Weekend flat rate $16.00/day. Evening rate after 5:00 p.m. is $6.00 Mon-Thurs and $9.00 Fri-Sun.
- 15 South Frederick Street. 6 min. walk. Clearance: 6 ft. 5 in. (410) 625-7878. See driving directions map from the hotel to the entrance to 15 South Frederick Street between Water St. and E Baltimore St. Note: South Frederick Street is two-way from Water St. to the garage; otherwise is one-way southbound. Drive-up daily rate $18.00/(same day). Weekend flat rate $10.00/day. Evening rate after 4 p.m. is $10.00. Parking Panda rate (before Balticon discount) is only $11.00/day Mon-Fri and $9.00/day Sat-Sun. Alert: The Parking Panda arrangement for this location works only in full day increments with a 3:00 a.m. daily rate reset. Caution: If there is an Event at the adjacent Ram’s Head Tavern then drive-up rates will be higher; however, Parking Panda reservations purchased in advance will not be affected by the higher Event rates.
- Harbor Park Garage, 55 Market Place. 7 min. walk. Clearance: 6 ft. 6 in. (410) 234-3631. See driving directions map from the hotel to the entrance at 55 Market Place, north of E Lombard St. toward Water St. If you are coming into Baltimore from the north you can use the alternate entrance at 756 E Lombard St. between East Coast Greenway and Market Place. Drive-up daily rate $20.00/(same day). Weekend flat rate $15.00/day. Evening rate after 5 p.m. is $15.00. Event rates at this garage may be less. Parking Panda rate (before Balticon discount) is $16.00/single-day. However, between Thursday and Sunday of Balticon weekend the rate for any one day is listed as only $11.00, but for multi-day stays the rate increases: $26.00/2-days, $41.00/3-days, etc. Alert: The Parking Panda arrangement for this location works only in full day increments with a 5:00 a.m. daily rate reset. Alert 2: The Parking Panda arrangement for this location provides an in-and-out parking option for an additional fee of $4.50 per day. Check the “In and Out Privileges $4.50” box under ADDITIONAL OPTIONS on the payment form. With this option in effect, you can exit and re-enter the garage during your pre-paid parking period by holding the Parking Panda QR code (from your email confirmation) up to the Parking Panda scanner at the garage.
- Baltimore Street Garage, 15 Guilford Ave. 5 min. walk. Clearance: 6 ft. 10 in. (443) 762-8097. See driving directions map from the hotel to the entrance at 15 Guilford Ave., south of E Fayette St. Daily rate $18.00. Weekend flat rates: Saturday $9.00/day, Sunday only $5.00/day.
Less Expensive Garages Further Away
Public lots further away with inexpensive evening and weekend rates, but near a Circulator stop, can be found at 210 St. Paul Place ($5.00), at 400 S Central Ave ($4.00), and at 501 S Eden St. ($3.00). The last two of these locations, however, are in the general area of two of the Balticon overflow hotels. See #5 and #6 (clickable) on this map, which is found partway down the linked webpage. These low rates currently cannot be pre-purchased, and only apply for weekend parking beginning after 4 p.m. Friday and ending before 6 a.m. on Monday.
Discount rates apply from 4 p.m. Friday through 6 a.m. Monday morning. Standard weekday rates up to $16 apply for Monday. Important: These garages are not open 24/7 — see the web links for hours. However, you may leave your car overnight while the garage is unattended. The public evening and weekend rates are valid for overnight parking — Friday 4 p.m. thru Monday 6 a.m. Each purchase will cover a 24 hr period thru Monday 6 a.m. However, any exits after 6 a.m. on Monday will result in substantial additional fees at exit. IMPORTANT: If parking is started on Friday prior to 4 p.m. the entire stay will be charged at $16-$18 for every 24 hour period. It will override any weekend rates unless you enter after 4 p.m. on Friday and exit prior to 6 a.m. on Monday.
- The St. Paul Garage (210 St. Paul Place) is a short walk from the Circulator Purple Line, both at the outbound/northbound Fayette Street Stop #304 (3 minute walk from N. Charles St. & E. Fayette St.) and at the inbound/southbound Fayette Street Stop #328 (2 minute walk to St. Paul St. & E. Fayette St.). The walk to the hotel is 11 minutes. See the driving directions map from the Renaissance hotel to the main entrance on St. Paul Place (not St. Paul *Street*) south of Saratoga. Clearance: 7 ft.
- The Little Italy garage (400 S Central Ave) is a short walk from the Circulator Orange Line Bank Street Stop #228 (3 minute walk from Caroline St. & Bank St.). See driving directions map from the Renaissance hotel to the main entrance on Central Avenue south of Bank St. Clearance: 7 ft. 6 in.
- The Fleet & Eden Garage (501 S Eden St.) is a 3 minute walk from the Circulator Orange Line Lancaster Street Stop #227 (Lancaster St. & Eden St.). See driving directions map driving directions map from the Renaissance hotel to the main entrance on Eden St. south of Eastern Avenue. Clearance: 8 ft. 2 in.
General Parking Information
The below websites may be helpful in searching for alternative parking options, either somewhat further away than the nearby garages listed above, or elsewhere in Baltimore if driving from the hotel to a meal or event. Balticon is providing this list for information purposes only, and this should not be interpreted as being an endorsement of any of these sites.
- Parking Panda. (See also the Balticon discount information above.)
- Baltimore City Parking Guide. See: Baltimore Inner Harbor Parking, Neighborhoods in Baltimore, or Parking Locations in Baltimore.
- ParkMe. This site gives an indication of the remaining space available at many of the nearby garages; just mouse over any “dot” that indicates a parking lot. ParkMe also provides a mobile app.
- Parkopedia. Parkopedia also provides a mobile app mobile app and a simple parking search page suitable for either web or smartphone browser use.
- BestParking Baltimore Parking Finder.
- ParkWhiz. ParkWhiz also provides a mobile app.
We are still in contact with other groups and gathering area parking information. Check back soon for more updates.